Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Start Getting Excited About...

The Fantastic Mr. Fox!


If you are a reasonable human being –and I'm sure you are– you love claymation. It's an art form that is being pushed deeper into the back of the closet as digital animation becomes more and more incredible. So when a claymation film gets picked up by a major production company and is given a very generous budget, it's an exciting thing and generally guarantees a great time.


This has happened, and will manifest in theaters this November in the form of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, an animated recreation of Roald Dahl's famous story about a group of angry farmers trying to kill the fox they suspect is eating their chickens. And guess what. It's directed by Wes Anderson, who also did things like The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic and The Darjeeling Limited. And guess what else. George Clooney is Mr. Fox. Have you ejaculated yet? If not, get a towel. Meryl Streep, Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, Owen Wilson and a multitude of other Anderson cronies are the other animals. Willem Dafoe plays a rat. Wow.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Fantastic Mr Fox! He's my favorite... I didn't know about this movie.
    On another note, I watched the claymation Rudolph today. Santa & everyone else in the North Pole are so mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eric, this blog is hilarious. Grace recommended I partake, and boy--am I glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Figyurates. I'm assuming you are either Jessica or Byron. Your member name is androgynous! Welcome to the Hen House.

    ReplyDelete