Monday, July 27, 2009

Watch This Film

JCVD



I know what you're thinking:

"I would rather put my face in a waffle iron than watch a movie starring Jean Claude Van Damme."

Luckily, that won't be necessary. "JCVD" is to Van Damme what "The Wrestler" was to Mickey Rourke. Sweet, utter redemption. Allow me to provide a succulent taste. Mr. Van Damme plays himself: a mostly disrespected, broken down action star, who inadvertently finds himself entangled in a bank heist gone awry. Poignant, brilliantly written and edited, and gorgeously filmed, this is not the Van Damme movie you're thinking of. It is captivating from start to finish, and - hold on to your seats, folks - contains one of the best monologues I've ever witnessed in a film. Enjoy.

"He deserves not a black belt, but an Oscar."
-TIME Magazine

1 comment:

  1. I concure it is a distirbing fact that this fliker film revives my view of jv for just long enouph for me to write this blogy.

    ReplyDelete